The LWVMT welcomes you to our December lunch Meet-up for an open discussion to review information we have gathered over the last several months regarding racially biased policing.
The goal of our discussion will be to determine if membership wishes the LWVMT to take any position or recommend any action. This will be our final meeting to discuss this body of information. We hope you will join us!
Information we have gathered to contribute to our discussion:
- City of Tulsa Equality Indicators (from our September meeting) – https://www.tulsaei.org/
- Human Rights Watch Report (from our October meeting) : Get On The Ground! https://www.hrw.org/report/2019/09/12/get-ground-policing-poverty-and-racial-inequality-tulsa-oklahoma/case-study-us-law
- Community Policing Dashboard (from our November meeting) – https://www.cityoftulsa.org/government/performance-strategy-and-innovation/dashboards/community-policing/
- TPD Recruitment Website – https://www.jointpd.com/
- 2018 Internal Affairs Annual Report – https://www.tulsapolice.org/media/165885/IA_Annual_Report_2018r.pdf
When: Tuesday, December 17th
Where: YWCA Community Room
Time: noon-1p. arrive early with brown bag.