Voters will go to the polls Tuesday for the May 9 House District 75 Special Primary Election, Tulsa County Election Board Secretary Gwen Freeman said today. Please keep the following information and tips in mind as the election approaches.
Early voting will be available at the County Election Board office from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, May 4 and Friday, May 5. Early voting is also available from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 6.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 9. Lines are possible at peak voting times. Wait times will likely be shortest at mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Anyone in line to vote at 7 p.m. will be allowed to cast a ballot.
Anyone who needs to look up their polling place, verify their registration information, or view a sample ballot can do so online. The Online Voter Tool can be accessed on the Oklahoma State Election Board’s website: www.elections.ok.gov. Those who vote by mail can also check the status of their ballot using the Online Voter Tool. Sample ballots are also available at the County Election Board office.
Remember – Vote411 is an invaluable resource in learning about candidates on the ballot. Visit Vote411.org for information about the candidates.
Thank you all for your outstanding nominations. After much deliberation, we are very excited to congratulate these ten remarkable women who COULD be president. The 2017 honorees will be recognized on May 9th at Madam President | A Night to Honor Tulsa Women Who Could be President.
Get your tickets to join us in celebrating Tulsa women: www.lwvmadampresident.org
SAVE THE DATE The League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Tulsa will hold a consensus meeting on the restudy of Oklahoma’s Fiscal Policy on Saturday, January 21, at Rudisill Library, 1520 N. Hartford. The meeting will take place in the Ancestral Hall, from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon. Please reread the study materials before the meeting and look at the consensus questions.
Unit meetings are a great way to get involved with the League. Please view the options below and contact the Unit Leader should you have any questions or if you would like to join a Unit!
Breakfast Unit: Tuesday, November 22nd at 7am | New Atlas Grill in the Courtyard, downtown: 415 S. Boston Ave. 74103.
The Breakfast Unit will be studying Oklahoma’s fiscal policy with a focus on Oklahoma state spending and the budget process. Study materials may be found here. Contact Kathleen Kastelic with questions or to join this unit.
Midtown Unit: Tuesday, November 15th at 11:30am | LWVMT Office: 3336 E. 32nd Street, Suite 4 74135
North Tulsa Unit: In lieu of a regular meeting the North Tulsa Unit will be attending the Symposium for Social Justice. Contact Emily Patterson Harris for further details or to join this unit.
Joining a committee is a great way to get involved with the League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Tulsa. If you wish to share your time and talents with the League please peruse the list of committees below and contact the appropriate Chairperson to join their committee. We would love to have you!
PURPOSE- Committees provide oversight of League programs, policies, financial matters and fundraising efforts in order to ensure fulfillment of the responsibilities of the Board of Directors. Board members are expected to serve on at least one of the following committees.
- Voters’ Guides
- Directory of Government Officials
- Candidate Forums
- Members: Voter Services Chair, Board members, League members, staff as needed
- Voter Services Chair: Mary Jane Lindaman
- Annual Meeting
- Membership Directory
- Membership renewal and recruitment
- Members: Membership Chair, Board members, League members, staff as needed
- Membership Chair: Patti Mullen
Fundraising Efforts & Events
- Madam President
- Nominating Committee
- Event Planning and Fundraising
- Members: Madam President Chair, Madam President Co-Chair, Treasurer, Board members, League members, Staff
- Madam President Chair: Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining this committee Madam President Co-Chair: —-
- Voter Newsletter
- Press Releases
- Website and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Members: Communications Chair, Board members, League members, staff
- Communications Chair: Charity Marcus
- Local, State and National Studies
- Members: Program Chair,Unit Leaders, Study Leaders, Action Chair, Board members, League members, staff as needed
- Program Chair: Karen Cardenas
Budget & Finance
- Budget oversight and proposals
- Fundraising- Grants, Madam President, Scholarship Fund
- Members: Treasurer, Board members, League members, Staff
- Treasurer: Michael Stephens