Unit meetings are a great way to get involved with the League. Please view the options below and contact the Unit Leader should you have any questions or if you would like to join a Unit!
Breakfast Unit: Tuesday, November 22nd at 7am | New Atlas Grill in the Courtyard, downtown: 415 S. Boston Ave. 74103.
The Breakfast Unit will be studying Oklahoma’s fiscal policy with a focus on Oklahoma state spending and the budget process. Study materials may be found here. Contact Kathleen Kastelic with questions or to join this unit.
Midtown Unit: Tuesday, November 15th at 11:30am | LWVMT Office: 3336 E. 32nd Street, Suite 4 74135
North Tulsa Unit: In lieu of a regular meeting the North Tulsa Unit will be attending the Symposium for Social Justice. Contact Emily Patterson Harris for further details or to join this unit.
Joining a committee is a great way to get involved with the League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Tulsa. If you wish to share your time and talents with the League please peruse the list of committees below and contact the appropriate Chairperson to join their committee. We would love to have you!
PURPOSE- Committees provide oversight of League programs, policies, financial matters and fundraising efforts in order to ensure fulfillment of the responsibilities of the Board of Directors. Board members are expected to serve on at least one of the following committees.
- Voters’ Guides
- Directory of Government Officials
- Candidate Forums
- Members: Voter Services Chair, Board members, League members, staff as needed
- Voter Services Chair: Mary Jane Lindaman
- Annual Meeting
- Membership Directory
- Membership renewal and recruitment
- Members: Membership Chair, Board members, League members, staff as needed
- Membership Chair: Patti Mullen
Fundraising Efforts & Events
- Madam President
- Nominating Committee
- Event Planning and Fundraising
- Members: Madam President Chair, Madam President Co-Chair, Treasurer, Board members, League members, Staff
- Madam President Chair: Email email@example.com if you are interested in joining this committee Madam President Co-Chair: —-
- Voter Newsletter
- Press Releases
- Website and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Members: Communications Chair, Board members, League members, staff
- Communications Chair: Charity Marcus
- Local, State and National Studies
- Members: Program Chair,Unit Leaders, Study Leaders, Action Chair, Board members, League members, staff as needed
- Program Chair: Karen Cardenas
Budget & Finance
- Budget oversight and proposals
- Fundraising- Grants, Madam President, Scholarship Fund
- Members: Treasurer, Board members, League members, Staff
- Treasurer: Michael Stephens
The League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Tulsa will be hosting a candidate forum for those running for Tulsa County Commissioner, District 2. This is a free event and the public is welcome and encouraged to attend.
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 | 6:30 pm
Zarrow Regional Library | 2224 W. 51st Street 74107
Additional information may be found here.
The League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Tulsa is hosting a candidate forum for those running for Oklahoma Senate District 39. This event is free and open to the public.
Thursday, October 20th, 2016 | 6:30 pm
OU-Tulsa Perkins Auditorium | 4502 E. 41st Street 74135
You may find additional information here.
The League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Tulsa presents another Hot Topic Lunch from 11:30 to 1:00 on Tuesday, October 11 in the Learning and Creativity Room of the newly reopened Tulsa Central Library. The topic of this luncheon will be State Question 790, sometimes referred to as the Ten Commandments question. The speakers will be Michael Bates in favor of SQ 790 and James Huff in opposition. Box lunches prepared by Women in Recovery may be pre-ordered or attendees may bring their own lunch. There are three options for lunch; each will be $9.50. Orders must be placed by October 4.